Financial help is available to pay for tuition, charges, books and materials and also the expenses of transportation and housing, for pupils whom use and qualify.
In addition will discover lots of brief videos to help you through the school funding procedure which help you recognize your help and obligations.
The CollegeвЂ™s educational funding staff is present to assist you with using, understanding your school funding prizes, and remaining on course to stay eligible for help.
8 Procedures to Educational Funding
Step 1. make an application for aid
- Head to FAFSA, the complimentary Application for Federal Student help
- Enter PCC Federal Class Code: 007266
- Utilize IRS Information Retrieval Tool whenever possible
OR utilize the brand brand new myStudentAid mobile app
You could finish the FAFSA any right time after Oct. 1. Funding for some grant programs is bound.
For your most useful possibility to get give aid, complete the FAFSA no later than Feb. 1.
Action 2. Watch your MyPima School Funding Checklist
- Flags start to appear about mid-February on what to be finished. These must be completed straight away. As soon as done, you will observe a check party that is green.
- It is strongly recommended you opt-in to your Early Book Purchase Program placed in the вЂњoptionalвЂќ section.
Step 3. after you have all green check markings, watch out for a message in your Pima.edu account, permitting your understand you have got an aid award that is financial.
Step Four. Loan offers start in July. As soon as set, it is possible to accept or decrease your loan offer in your MyPima account. Keep in mind, that loan must certanly be repaid, therefore actually choose very very carefully.
Action 5. If you accept the offer, complete your Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN), that are now detailed with red XвЂ™s in your list.
Action 6. Sign up for e-refund so any funds kept after your tuition and charges are compensated is going to be provided for you faster when compared to a paper check.
Step 7. plan and go to your classes. Educational funding disburses after classes start. When you have trouble in your classes, see your trainer or a consultant at the earliest opportunity. Achieving success in classes is essential to getting school funding.
Action 8. Remember to duplicate these actions for next yearвЂ™s aid. If you get stuck or donвЂ™t accept help by the re payment due date, consult with school funding or make payment arrangements with cashierвЂ™s office because of the due date.
Upcoming Financial Help and Scholarship Events
- Go to a totally free digital pupil seminar where you are able to explore over 30 universities, universities, community colleges (including Pima Communitcy university) along with other organizations of advanced schooling in and out of state.
- Fair Dates
- Sign up for the COMPLIMENTARY Arizona university Consortium Virtual Conference and College Fair (free occasion for pupils, parents, twelfth grade counselors)
- Scholarship possibility
- Senior school students see 3 or maybe more university stands become automatically entered right into a drawing for a $500 tuition scholarship. Needs to be a currently enrolled twelfth grade senior when you look at the 2020-2021 educational school 12 months.
- Fair Dates
Taking Classes at 2 Colleges
Invest the classes at two universities at exactly the same time, it is possible to get school funding from just the college in which you will graduate.
- Ask that schoolвЂ™s aid that is financial for a Consortium Agreement. This describes your courses at both educational schools and clarifies that will disburse help.
- You must reimburse one of the schools if you accidentally get aid from both schools. It is advisable to allow us understand quickly in the event that you anticipate the help of another college.
- In the event that you get the aid of another educational college, Pima cannot hold your classes. Pay in complete or join a repayment plan because of the re re payment due date.
DonвЂ™t have actually a higher Class Diploma?
Federal laws need which you find more information have school that is high or equal to qualify for educational funding. You have options if you donвЂ™t meet this requirement.
- I-Best programs are school funding eligible without a diploma.
- Earn your twelfth grade diploma free through the Pima County Library
Make use of Tucson Youth Development. You may quality for just one of the programs ultimately causing a GED.